Below are the 5 Global Design Challenges that the delegates considered over the WSIF:
Reminding yourselves of the solutions that were generated over the 2 weeks of the WSIF would provide greater insight into developing a Call-to- Action for 2018. Below is a link to the Video Presentations of the 10 Solutions.
Design Pitch Presentations
|Global Design Challenge||Initial Presentation||Final Presentation||PowerPoint Presentation|
|Light Blue||2 – Dealing with the world’s waste as to not compromise our future water resources.||Video Link||Video Link||PPT|
|Dark Blue||4 – The demand for food as a result of increased commercialisation is effecting access to it, and distribution of it.||Video Link||Video Link||PPT|
|Green||5 – Sustainable access to clean water to support the needs of our global communities.||Video Link||Video Link||PPT not used|
|Grey||4 – The demand for food as a result of increased commercialisation is effecting access to it, and distribution of it.||Video Link||Video Link||PPT|
|Red||3 – The amount of water accessed for agriculture to produce our food is compromising our future.||Video Link||Video Link||PPT|
|Pink||1 – The reliance on convenience food and supplements leading to increased health risks.||Video Link||Video Link||PPT|
|Purple||2 – Dealing with the world’s waste as to not compromise our future water resources.||Video Link||Video Link (Part 1)||PPT|
|Yellow||3 – The amount of water accessed for agriculture to produce our food is compromising our future.||Video Link||Video Link||PPT|
|Orange||5 – Sustainable access to clean water to support the needs of our global communities.||Video Link||Video Link||PPT|
|White||1 – The reliance on convenience food and supplements leading to increased health risks.||Video Link||Video Link||PPT|
Futures of Food & Water Criteria
Creating your Call-to-Action
Guidelines in Creating your Call-To-Action
- Meet together with all of the students who attended 2017 WSIF
- Review the Design Pitches that were presented on the final day of the WSIF (Videos are found in the table above)
- As a team discuss which of the Global Design Challenges you believe are worth considering as a basis of your Call-to-Action which YOU will able to realistically implement in your School.
- Consider the solutions that have been proposed for your selected Global Design Challenge (you may want to review these videos again)
- Outline the solution, solutions or a combination of solution you are going to use as a basis of your call-to-action. You may need to contextualise this within your own School and/or Community. This can be detailed in the section of the ‘Creating our Call-to-Action’ template in the ‘Description of Solution’ area.
- Outline an action plan of how this is going to be achieved. Who is going to do what? Give yourself some realistic timeframes. We would appreciate an update in a few months to know how it is going.
- Outline which Futures of Food and Water criteria you are addressing and how will the solution meet this criteria. You must address a minimum of three (3) criteria
- Once you have completed the ‘Creating our Call-to-Action’ template we would suggest scanning it and send it through to email@example.com by December 10, 2017
You must ensure you detail how you are going to make it happen within your School and/or Community.